Redmi released the latest MIUI 188.8.131.52 update to Redmi 9A / 9i. The update brings the latest security patch to the device that increased the system security. The update is still based on MIUI 12.5 and you have to wait for more for MIUI 13 update for Redmi 9A / 9i. Follow the below guide to Download MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 9A / 9i.
Xiaomi’s latest incremental OTA for Redmi 9A is based on stable Android 11 firmware. The update is rolled out via OTA with build number MIUI 220.127.116.11.RCDMIXM features the latest security patch level. The new update holds a software package of 2 GB as Recovery ROM, whereas, the Fastboot ROM is 2.8 GB in size.
This update is being rolled out in phases, beginning with a small number of users and progressively expanding to include all users. Keep an eye on the notifications, and if you haven’t received the update yet, be patient; it will most likely arrive in the next few days. However, to update it manually, Download MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 9A / 9i from below and follow the steps.
According to the changelog, the update brings July 2022 security patch and increased system security. Here are the complete changelogs of Redmi 9A latest update.
- Updated Android Security Patch to July 2022. Increased system security.
- This Firmware file is only for Redmi 9A / 9i. Don’t try this on any other device.
- Your phone may be bricked if you don’t follow the instructions correctly. We will not be held liable for any harm to your phone.
- It may erase your data, so it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for a safer side.
- Ensure your phone is at least 50-60% charged to avoid an unexpected shutdown in the middle of the procedure.
Download MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 9A / 9i
You may manually check for updates by visiting Settings -> About Phone -> System updates -> Check for updates. You may either wait for the OTA or download MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 9A / 9i from the link below to update it manually.
- MIUI 188.8.131.52 Recovery ROM for Redmi 9A / 9i – Download
- MIUI 184.108.40.206 Fastboot ROM for Redmi 9A / 9i – Download
How to Install MIUI 220.127.116.11 OTA on Redmi 9A / 9i –
To install the MIUI 18.104.22.168 update for the Redmi 9A / 9i, download either the Recovery ROM or the Fastboot ROM from the links above and follow the instructions below.
Method 1 – Recovery Mode
- Download MIUI 22.214.171.124 OTA zip from above and save it on your device.
- Launch the Updater app on your device or on your phone or navigate to Settings > About Phone > System Update.
- Click on the three-dot menu (‘…’ icon) at the top-right corner, and select the Choose Update Package.
- If the Choose Update Package option is missing, tap on the MIUI logo 10 times to activate the option.
- Browse through the files and select the package ending with the .zip extension.
- Done. Your device will reboot on the latest version.
Method 2 – Fastboot Mode
- First, Download Mi Flash Tool, extract it and install it on your PC.
- Now download MIUI 12.5 ROM for Redmi 9A / 9i for your device.
- Now boot your device into Fastboot mode by pressing the Volume Down + Power button.
- Connect your device to the PC via a micro USB cable.
- Now extract the Fastboot ROM and copy its path on the PC.
- Now open MI Flash Tool and Paste the address bar of the ROM file folder path copied from above.
- First, click on the Refresh button (It will automatically recognize your device) and then click on the Flash button to flash the ROM on your Devices.
- Wait for some time to complete the process.
- Done. Your device will boot on the latest version.
Follow the above steps to Download MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 9A / 9i and flash it via recovery or fastboot to update it manually. Have any questions? Do let us know that in the comments below.