The Huawei Mate 20 Series is currently receiving the July 2022 security update. The update, whose build number is HarmonyOS 220.127.116.118, improves system stability and security capabilities for a better and smoother working experience.
The latest July 2022 update is available for all Mate 20 series including Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, and Mate 20 Pro Porsche Design, Mate 20 X 4G. The users who are running HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168 will soon receive the software update notification that bumped the version to HarmonyOS 22.214.171.1248.
The following models with C version number C00/C01/C786 with a build number HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 will get the update.
- Mate 20 (HMA-AL00)
- Mate 20 (HMA-TL00)
- Mate 20 Pro (LYA-AL00, LYA-AL10)
- Mate 20 Pro (LYA -TL00)
- Mate 20 RS Porsche Design (LYA-AL00P)
- Mate 20 X (4G) (EVR-AL00)
- Mate 20 X (4G) (EVR-TL00)
Huawei Mate 20 Series HarmonyOS 188.8.131.528 update changelog?
According to the changelog, the update brings July 2022 security patch and improves system performance for a better user experience. Here are the complete changelogs of the Huawei Mate 20 Series HarmonyOS 184.108.40.2068 update.
- Security: Optimizing and improving system security protection capabilities
- System: Optimize the system stability of some scenarios
How to Update Huawei Mate 20 series to HarmonyOS 220.127.116.118
As mentioned, the update is rolling out in batches. Hence it will take some days to cover all the devices at once. However, you can download the My Huawei app or Member Center to manually update the Huawei Mate 20 series to HarmonyOS 18.104.22.1688. Follow the below steps to install HarmonyOS 22.214.171.1248 on Huawei Mate 20 series.
- Download and Install the My Huawei app.
- Open the app and tap on Upgrade Early adopters.
- Tap Experience now.
- Now click Check for Updates which redirects you to jump to the software update page.
- It will automatically detect the new version for you.
- Once the new version detects, click Download and Install to upgrade your Huawei Mate 20 to HarmonyOS 126.96.36.1998.
The update won’t wipe your data still we recommend you to take a complete backup of your phone before updating the device. After the upgrade, the system undergoes self-optimization and adaptation, which may result in the phone experiencing heat, rapid battery consumption, freezing, or slow charging. However, after 2-3 days of typical use, it will revert to normal.