Nothing has begun rolling out the stable Android 13-based Nothing OS 1.5.4 update for Nothing Phone 1. The Nothing OS 1.5.4 brings Network optimization, and fingerprint improvements, optimizes the 4G/5G network switching function, improves Bluetooth functions in Quick Settings, added new NDot Cyrillic font support, added QR code scanner feature to the camera app, several bug fixes, and improvements. Download Nothing OS 1.5.4 for Nothing Phone 1 from below.
Additionally, the update optimizes the fingerprint pattern unlocking experience, including Google Safety Center, resolves freeze issues during Pop-up view, fixes incoming call notifications delay, and improves time-stamp accuracy for photos.
The users on Nothing OS 1.5.4 can get the update via OTA, which weighs 150MB. If you have not received it, you can navigate to Settings > System > System updates to manually check the update. We’ll provide the download links of Nothing OS 1.5.4 for Nothing Phone 1, so you can sideload the new build without waiting for the OTA to roll out.
What’s New –
Here is the complete changelog of the Nothing OS 1.5.4 update:
- New feedback feature. Send us feedback on your Nothing OS experience by going to “Settings > System > Feedback” so that we can keep improving!
- Reduced standby power consumption by optimising 4G/5G network switching function.
- Optimised Bluetooth functions in Quick Settings, including new fast access to paired devices.
- Smoother QR code transactions. You can now scan UPI QR codes directly through the camera app and choose a payment app on your device to complete the transaction (only available in select regions).
- Optimised the fingerprint pattern unlocking experience.
- Smoother Pop-up view animations.
- Integrated Google Safety Center.
- Added NDot Cyrillic font support for Belarusian, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Russian, Serbian and Ukrainian. Thank you Kasia Meyer (@endless_empathy on discord.gg/nothingtech) for your innovation and idea for the font!)
- Resolved freeze issues during Pop-up view.
- Improved notification display in Quick Settings.
- Resolved error message during face unlocksetup.
- Fixed incoming call notifications to come through without delay.
- Improved time-stamp accuracy for photos.
- Other general Improvements.
- This Firmware file is only for the Nothing Phone 1. Don’t try this on any other device.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It may erase your data, so it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for the safer side.
- Ensure that your phone is charged at least 50-60% to prevent an accidental shutdown during the process.
Download Nothing OS 1.5.4 for Nothing Phone 1
Here we share the direct link to download the Nothing Phone 1 Nothing OS 1.5.4 update package.
How to Install Nothing OS 1.5.4 on Nothing Phone 1
You can update Nothing Phone 1 to Nothing OS 1.5.4 via Local OTA update. You need at least 5GB of storage available on your device before installing the update package. Check the below steps to Install Android 13 based Nothing OS 1.5.4 on Nothing Phone 1.
Method 1: Install via the Local System Update wizard
- Download the latest Nothing OS 1.5.4 upgrade zip package from above.
- Create a folder named ota at the root of your phone’s internal storage, and then copy the update ZIP file to that folder.
*#*#682#*#*to open up the offline update tool
- First, the device will try to locate the OTA file present in the internal storage and install it.
- If it fails to locate the OTA file, it will prompt you to search for the OTA package manually.
- After selecting the OTA file, the system will install the update and reboot the device.
Method 2: Install via Recovery
- To use this method make sure you have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC. (We have already written a detailed guide to set up ADB and fastboot on Windows and Mac).
- Download the OTA update ZIP from the above and save it on your PC.
- Now Switch off your device and boot into the Recovery mode.
- To boot the Nothing Phone 1 into recovery mode press and hold the Power + Volume Down button. Now on your phone, use the volume button to highlight the Recovery mode and press the Power button to enter.
- You can also use the below command to enter Nothing Phone 1 Recovery mode:
adb reboot recovery
- You should see the No command on your phone screen. Now press and hold the Power button of your phone. While holding Power, press the Volume Up button and immediately release both keys. You must access the Android recovery menu.
- Now, in the recovery menu, select Apply Update from ADB option.
- On your computer, enter the following command to initiate the ADB connection.
Your device’s serial number should appear in the command window, indicating that your device is connected to the computer in sideload mode.
- Run the following command to sideload Nothing OS 1.5.4 update.
adb sideload "filename".zip
- This will start the installation process. When the installation is finished, select Reboot system now on your phone to enter the new build.
Nothing Phone 1 v1.5.4 Update
The latest Nothing Phone 1 v1.5.4 update is rolling out in a phased manner. Hence, it may take a couple of days before the update reaches all users. However, you can manually update your device anytime with the above-mentioned method. Have any questions? Do let us know that in the comments below.