Asus has released the Android 13 for the Asus Zenfone 9, which includes plenty of new features and enhancements. Android 13 update is quite stable, but as a first release for the device, it may also include bugs and other software issues, making it unsuitable for daily usage. If you upgrade your device and experience problems or don’t like it for any reason, you can easily restore it to a previous version. You can downgrade Asus Zenfone 9 from Android 13 to Android 12 by following the instructions below.
The Android 13 for the Asus Zenfone 9 is rolling out via OTA for only a limited number of users. With this upgrade, Asus hopes to seek user feedback on any bugs and report them in order to speed up the development and delivery of the stable Android 13 version. If you believe the upgrade isn’t yet refined enough for regular use, you may restore your Asus Zenfone 9 to a stable Android 12 OS.
- Downgrading the Asus Zenfone 9 to Android 12 will wipe your device completely. It is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for the safer side.
- Follow the steps correctly; otherwise, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Ensure that your phone is charged at least 50-60% to prevent an accidental shutdown during the process.
- You need at least 5GB of storage available on your device before you proceed to follow the steps.
Download Asus Zenfone 9 Rollback Package
If you wish to roll back your Asus Zenfone 9 from Android 13 to Android 12, Download the Asus Zenfone 9 Android 12 Rollback Package from the link below.
- Asus Zenfone 9 Android 12 Rollback package – Download
How to Downgrade Asus Zenfone 9 from Android 13 to Android 12
This guide will show you how to install the Asus Zenfone 9 rollback package for Android 12 using the local upgrade method. This is the official way to perform a downgrade, even Asus releases the rollback package. Follow the instructions below to downgrade your Asus Zenfone 9 from Android 13 to Android 12.
Method 1: Local Upgrade
- Download the Android 12 downgrade zip for Zenfone 9 from above.
- Put the ZIP file in the root directory of the phone’s internal storage.
- Reboot your phone and check for the firmware update notification pop-up on the status bar.
- Tap the System update file detected and follow the steps to downgrade the firmware.
Method 2: Sideload Method
- First, enable the USB debugging option from the setting ->developer option. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- To use this method, make sure you have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC. (We have already written a detailed guide to set up ADB and fastboot on Windows and Mac).
- Download Zenfone 9 WW-32.2050.2050.34 OTA from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb is installed.
- Reboot your Zenfone 9 to Recovery mode using the command adb reboot recovery or the below steps.
- Turn Off your device.
- Press and hold the Vol Up+Power button. Release the power button upon vibration, but keep the volume key pressed until you see the Fastboot mode
- Now use the Volume Down key to highlight the Recovery mode and press the Power button to enter.
- Now, in the recovery menu, select Apply Update from ADB option.
- Now Connect your phone to your Laptop/PC
- On the ROM folder, press shift+right click and click on the open command here.
- Now check your connection status by typing the below command.
if your device is listed, you’re ready to flash the ROM
- Run the following command to sideload Zenfone 9 Android 12 downgrade package.
adb sideload "filename".zip
- This will start the installation process. When the installation is finished, select Reboot system now on your phone to enter the new build.
Wrapping Up: Rollback Asus Zenfone 9 to Android 12
This is the simplest method to downgrade Zenfone 9 From Android 13 to Android 12. If you have any queries, please leave them in the comments section below.