Nothing has begun rolling out the Nothing OS 1.5 Open beta program based on Android 13. The Nothing OS 1.5 beta improves Material You theming, Media player alerts, enhanced privacy controls, app loading speed, and overall device performance. In addition, the update adds a custom weather app, new audio controls for the volume slider, and a shortcut to the QR Code Scanner in the quick settings panel. Download Nothing OS 1.5 for Nothing Phone 1 from below.
The Nothing OS 1.5 is rolling out via OTA for a limited few who have enrolled in the beta program. If you have not received it, you can navigate to Settings > System > System updates to manually check the update. We’ll provide the download links of Nothing OS 1.5 Open beta for Nothing Phone 1, so you can sideload the new build without waiting for the OTA to roll out.
What’s New –
According to the changelog, the latest Nothing OS 1.5 beta update has many new features and gains some performance improvements to help apps load faster. Check below the complete changelog image of the Nothing OS 1.5 Beta program update.
- Up to 50% increase in app loading speed.
- More Material You. More colour schemes available for matching third party apps to wallpaper.
- Multi-language support that allows different languages for different apps.
- Privacy upgrades. Including:
- Photo picker. Choose which images you want to share with each app.
- Notification permissions. Control which apps can send you notifications.
- Media permissions. Group the types of media you want to share e.g., photos and videos, music and audio, files.
- New QR code scanner in Quick Settings.
- Clipboard preview: copied text appears on clipboard in the bottom corner of the screen. So you can directly edit the text before pasting.
- New look for Media Control.
- Foreground services. Close active background apps directly from the notification centre to save battery.
- Live caption: detects speech on your device and automatically generates captions.
- Increased background memory. Reducing the wait for frequently used apps to load.
- New self-repair feature that keeps Phone (1) running like it’s new. By clearing unused cache and expired system dumps.
- Improved Quick Settings. Featuring new network and Bluetooth device pop-ups.
- New UI for volume control. Easily adjust individual volume sliders without unlocking the screen (e.g. music vs alarm).
- Improved Game Mode. New UI for light notifications and added Google Game Dashboard. Dashboard supports screenshots, screen recording, FPS display, and Do Not Disturb.
- This Firmware file is only for the Nothing Phone 1. Don’t try this on any other device.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise, you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It may erase your data, so it is advisable to take a complete backup of your phone for the safer side.
- Ensure that your phone is charged at least 50-60% to prevent an accidental shutdown during the process.
Download Nothing OS 1.5 for Nothing Phone 1
Here we share the direct link to download the Nothing Phone 1 Nothing OS 1.5 beta update package.
- Download Nothing OS 1.5 Beta ROM
- Global (Flashed over Nothing OS 1.1.7)
- EEA (Flashed over Nothing OS 1.1.8)
How to Install Nothing OS 1.5 on Nothing Phone 1
You can update Nothing Phone 1 to Nothing OS 1.5 via Local OTA update. You need at least 5GB of storage available on your device before installing the update package. Check the below steps to Install Android 13 based Nothing OS 1.5 on Nothing Phone 1.
Method 1: Install via the Local System Update wizard
- Download the latest Nothing OS 1.5 upgrade zip package from above.
- Create a folder named ota at the root of your phone’s internal storage, and then copy the update ZIP file to that folder.
*#*#682#*#*to open up the offline update tool
- First, the device will try to locate the OTA file present in the internal storage and install it.
- If it fails to locate the OTA file, it will prompt you to search for the OTA package manually.
- After selecting the OTA file, the system will install the update and reboot the device.
Method 2: Install via Recovery
- To use this method make sure you have ADB and Fastboot installed on your PC. (We have already written a detailed guide to set up ADB and fastboot on Windows and Mac).
- Download the OTA update ZIP from the above and save it on your PC.
- Now Switch off your device and boot into the Recovery mode.
- To boot the Nothing Phone 1 into recovery mode press and hold the Power + Volume Down button. Now on your phone, use the volume button to highlight the Recovery mode and press the Power button to enter.
- You can also use the below command to enter Nothing Phone 1 Recovery mode:
adb reboot recovery
- You should see the No command on your phone screen. Now press and hold the Power button of your phone. While holding Power, press the Volume Up button and immediately release both keys. You must access the Android recovery menu.
- Now, in the recovery menu, select Apply Update from ADB option.
- On your computer, enter the following command to initiate the ADB connection.
Your device’s serial number should appear in the command window, indicating that your device is connected to the computer in sideload mode.
- Run the following command to sideload Nothing OS 1.5 update.
adb sideload "filename".zip
- This will start the installation process. When the installation is finished, select Reboot system now on your phone to enter the new build.
Android 13 Update for the Nothing Phone 1
The stable version of Nothing OS 1.5 will launch in early 2023 for everyone. For now, the latest Nothing Phone 1 v1.5 beta update is rolling out in a phased manner. Hence, it may take a couple of days before the update reaches all users. However, you can manually update your device anytime with the above-mentioned method. Have any questions? Do let us know that in the comments below.
6 thoughts on “Download Nothing OS 1.5 for Nothing Phone 1 (Android 13)”
Возможно ли установить на устройство с root доступом?
I want new update oxygen OS 13 for my OnePlus 7T device since I have been downloaded the beta version 12.1 last 2,3 months before but still now i didn’t not get any update in my device.
Hey i have updated successfully using the first method of yours…but my concern is will i be getting the official security patches and future updates from nothing?
Yes, it is the official ROM, and you will get all future updates from Nothing.
I tried the first method and it says “the version of the selected package is lower than the current software version”
I am on 1.1.8 security patch January.
What can I do?
Hallo kann mir einer helfen Androide 13 zu installieren habe das Nohtig phone bei mir kommt nur Androide 12 sie können mich kontaktieren