The latest Android 12 Update for LG Q52 starts rolling out. The update rolling out via OTA to users in South Korea. The update comes with the build number Q520N30b and is available for both unlocked variants and carrier-locked phones from LG U+, KT, and SKT.
The update added the ability to choose between exact location or approximate location, added safety and emergency menus to settings, brings a shortcut icon for IoT device control has been added to the notification window, added a funtion to release the permissions of apps that have not been used for a certain period of time, and brings some changes to privacy dashboard.
The update is being rolled out in a phased manner and will reach you soon. The update will be randomly pushed out to a limited number of users today and a wider rollout should follow in the coming weeks. The update download size is about 5GB for a manual installation so make sure you have sufficient storage.
According to changelogs, the update enhance privacy protection and added some new features to the device. Check the complete changelog here:
- Android 12 OS has been applied.
- A function to restrict/allow microphone use has been added for privacy protection.
- For privacy protection, a green icon is displayed at the top of the screen while the camera/microphone is in use.
- Added ability to choose between exact location or approximate location when allowing the app to determine the location of your device.
- A shortcut icon for IoT device control has been added to the notification window.
- When using security lock, a function has been added to lock the phone by pressing and holding the power button and selecting the lock icon on the screen.
- A function has been added to release the permissions of apps that have not been used for a certain period of time and to free up space by deleting temporary files.
- Added safety and emergency menus to settings.
How to Get Update
As mentioned, the latest software update for the LG Q52 is rolling out in a phased method. Hence it will take some days to cover all the devices at once. You will receive a software update notification or you can navigate to Settings >> Software update to check if it is already available.
- Open Phone Settings.
- Scroll Down and tap on About Phone.
- Click on Software update and tap Check for Updates.
- If the new update is available, simply click on Download now.
If the update is not available on your phone, you may either wait a few days or manually upgrade the LG Q52 using the LG Bridge tool. We will also send you the download link as soon as it is ready. Before installing the update, make a backup of your device and ensure that you have enough storage space.