Realme 9 Series periodically rolls out Realme UI updates to eliminate bugs and introduce new features. Updates usually roll out over the air in select regions first, followed by a bigger global release later down the line. However, Realme doesn’t follow a fixed update frequency, but the company rolls out updates frequently, and keeping track of them could become difficult. To ease the process, this post will list all Realme 9 Series Software Update rolled out for your device in an orderly manner.
Realme 9 Series Software Update Tracker
All the updates released by Realme are being rolled out in a phased manner. The update will be randomly pushed out to a limited number of users first and will have a broader rollout in a few days after ensuring there are no critical bugs. If no critical bugs are found, the full rollout will be completed in the upcoming days.
As the Realme 9 Series OTA updates are released in a phased manner, many users sometimes miss out on the important or much-awaited updates. Follow this page if you don’t want to miss an important update. Here we will share all the latest software updates for the Realme 9 Series with complete changelogs. As soon as this device receives new updates, we will update this post.
[Update: December 27, 2022]: Android 13 Early Access for Realme 9 5G
Realme starts the Android 13 early access program for Realme 9 5G users running on RMX3388_11.C.06 / C.05 build numbers. The early access program allows users to test Realme’s Android 13 update before it is released to the public.
A limited number of users can get the Android 13 Early Access application. Realme has not stated the actual number of seats available. However, people who apply early will have a better chance. If your application is selected in the early access program, you will receive the update with F.01 software version.
If you want to test the update, enroll in the program by selecting the Trial versions option in the Software Update section of your device settings and entering the necessary information. After Realme confirms your application, you should receive an OTA update with the Android 13 early access build.
[Update: December 23, 2022]: Android 13-based Realme UI 4.0 Update for Realme 9 Series
Realme has released the Android 13-based Realme UI 4.0 update for the Realme 9i 5G, Realme 9 Pro, and Realme 9 Pro Plus in India. The Realme UI 4.0 update for the Realme 9 Pro has firmware version RMX3471_11.C.08, the Realme 9i 5G’s firmware is listed with version RMX3612_11.C.04, while the Realme 9 Pro Plus comes with RMX3392_11.C.05 Build Number.
The update includes Aquamorphic Design, improved animation, a redesigned shelf, new AOD styles, smart interconnectivity, customization options, a new Bitmoji AOD, Meeting Assistant, Kid Space, a dedicated IoT device control module, improved privacy and security, and much more. Here are the full changelogs:
Realme 9 Series Realme UI 4.0 Changelog:
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colours for enhanced visual comfort
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid
• Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadows to simulate the orientation of the sun and moon
• Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
• Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behaviour recognition feature, which recognises complex gestures and provides optimised interactions.
• Optimises UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
• Applies real-world physics to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
• Optimises the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
• Optimises fonts for better readability.
• Optimises system icons by using the latest colour scheme to make the icons easier to recognise.
• Enriches and optimises illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds media playback control, and optimises the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalised.
• Optimises Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default.
• You can search content online and on your device
• Adds Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available
Security & Privacy
• Optimises Private Safe.
The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files
Health & Digital Wellbeing
• Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision
• Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilise the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenariosOptimizes the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience
How to Manually get Realme 9 Series Update
As mentioned, the update is rolling out in a phased method. Hence it will take some days to cover all the devices at once. You will receive a software update notification, or you can navigate to Settings >> Software update to check if it is already available.
- Open Phone Settings.
- Scroll Down and tap on System and Updates.
- Click on Software update and tap Check for Updates.
- If the new update is available, click on Download and Install.
To manually update the Realme 9 Series to the latest version, you can head over to Realme’s official website. We will also provide you with the download link as soon as it’s available. You should back up your device and make sure you have sufficient storage before installing the update.