OnePlus has announced the Android 13-based OxygenOS 13 Open Beta for the OnePlus Nord CE in India. The new update will bring Aquamorphic Design to the device, along with some optimizations, improvements, and new features.
Those who cannot wait for the OxygenOS 13 stable update to be released can participate in the Open Beta by going to their OnePlus Nord CE’s Settings > About device menu, tapping Up to date, tapping the icon in the top-right, then going to Beta program > Beta, and submitting the required information. You will receive the update within five working days if your application is accepted. Later, you can check for it by going to your phone’s Settings > About device > Download Now menu.
To apply OxyegenOS Open Beta for OnePlus Nord CE, ensure your OnePlus Nord CE is running OxygenOS with firmware version EB2101_11.C.09/10. Also, take a complete backup of your device data and make sure you have at least 30% battery and 5.5GB of free storage before installing the update. The OxygenOS 13 OBT is only open to Indian OnePlus Nord CE models, and you must be an active OnePlus Community member to be eligible for the OBT.
Furthermore, the beta version may not be as stable as the official version and often contain bugs that hamper the user experience; therefore, it should be avoided on primary devices. If that’s okay with you, you can apply for the OBT until February 2, 2023. This beta test has 5,000 places available, according to OnePlus.
Concerning the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta for the OnePlus Nord CE, OnePlus has identified one known issue:
• Jio 5G users may have some applications unable to connect to the Internet during use occasionally (The recovery method is to turn off 5G and restart the phone).
You can check the changelog of the OxygenOS 13 Open Beta for the OnePlus Nord CE below for more details:
• Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
• Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
• Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
• Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
• Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
• Adapts responsive layouts to accommodate different screen sizes to improve readability.
• Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
• Optimizes fonts for better readability.
• Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
• Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
• Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
• Adds a new type of Always-On Display that shows live information about music, ride-hailing, and food delivery. (Supports only some apps)
• Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
• Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
• Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
• Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open floating windows inside apps for smooth operation.
• Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
• Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
• Optimizes Screencast, with cast content automatically adapting to the target screen.
• Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
• Adds Omoji to let you fully express yourself with customized avatars.
• Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
• Optimizes Portrait Silhouette Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
Security & privacy
• Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
• Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
• Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital wellbeing
• Adds Kid Space. When in Kid Space, your browser app automatically switches to Kids mode to create a child-friendly space.
• Adds distance-from-phone, ambient light, and sitting posture reminders in Kid Space.
• Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
• Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.