OnePlus Nord CE 2 periodically rolls out OxygenOS updates to eliminate bugs and introduce new features. Updates usually roll out over the air in select regions first, followed by a bigger global release later down the line. However, OnePlus doesn’t follow a fixed update frequency, but the company rolls out updates frequently, and keeping track of them could become difficult. To ease the process, this post will list all OnePlus Nord CE 2 Software Update rolled out for your device in an orderly manner.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 Software Update Tracker
All the updates released by OnePlus are being rolled out in a phased manner. The update will be randomly pushed out to a limited number of users first and will have a broader rollout in a few days after ensuring there are no critical bugs. If no critical bugs are found, the full rollout will be completed in the upcoming days.
As the OnePlus Nord CE 2 OTA updates are released in a phased manner, many users sometimes miss out on the important or much-awaited updates. Follow this page if you don’t want to miss an important update. Here we will share all the latest software updates for OnePlus Nord CE 2 with complete changelogs. As soon as this device receives new updates, we will update this post.
[Update: February 16, 2023]: OxygenOS 13 F.45 for OnePlus Nord CE 2
The latest Android 13 based OxygenOS 13 F.45 for the OnePlus Nord CE 2 starts rolling out. The update is a stable version and has been rolled out to users who first enrolled for the beta version. The update, which has the build number IV2201_11.F.45, added a new Aquamorphic Design and brought in several new features, optimizations, and bug fixes.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 F.45 Changelog:
- Aquamorphic Design
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Applies the Aquamorphic Design philosophy to animations to make them natural and vivid.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds Meeting Assistant to enhance the meeting connection and introduces an option to make notifications more subtle and less distracting.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up the Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
- Seamless interconnection
- Optimizes earphone connectivity to deliver a more seamless experience.
- Optimizes Bitmoji to offer more Always-On Display animations.
- Optimizes Insight Always-On Display, with more personalized Always-On Display settings available.
- Optimizes Canvas Always-On Display, with more drawing tools and line colors available.
- Security & privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for screenshots of chats. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
- Health & Digital wellbeing
- Adds Kid Space, providing screen time limit, ambient light reminders, and Eye-protecting display features.
- Performance optimization
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Optimizes Dolby Sound effects with enhanced spatial sound field perception and more accurate sound sourcing.
- Gaming experience
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
[Update: December 21, 2022]: OxygenOS 12 C.09 for OnePlus Nord CE 2
The latest OxygenOS 12 C.09 for the OnePlus Nord CE 2 starts rolling out. The update, which has the build number IV2201_11.C.09, optimizes system stability.
OnePlus Nord CE 2 C.09 Changelog:
• Optimizes system stability.
How to Manually Check OnePlus Nord CE 2 Software Update
As mentioned, the update is rolling out in a phased method. Hence it will take some days to cover all the devices at once. You will receive a software update notification, or you can navigate to Settings >> Software update to check if it is already available.
- Open Phone Settings.
- Scroll Down and tap on System -> System Updates.
- Your phone will automatically check for any available updates and notify you if one is available.
- If the new update is available, click on Download and Install. This will install the new update on OnePlus Nord CE 2.
To manually the latest OS update for OnePlus Nord CE 2, you can head over to the Oneplus official website. We will also provide you with the download link as soon as it’s available. You should back up your device and ensure sufficient storage before installing the update.