The Huawei P30 Series has started rolling out the July 2022 security update. The update, whose build number is HarmonyOS 126.96.36.1998, improves system stability and security capabilities for a better and smoother working experience.
The latest July 2022 update is available for all Huawei P30 series including Huawei P30 and Huawei P30 Pro. The users who are running HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 will soon receive the software update notification that bumped the version to HarmonyOS 184.108.40.2068.
The following models with C version number C00/C01 with a build number HarmonyOS 220.127.116.117 will get the update.
Huawei P30 (ELE-AL00)
Huawei P30 (ELE-TL00)
Huawei P30 Pro (VOG-AL00/VOG-AL10)
Huawei P30 Pro (VOG-TL00)
Huawei P30 Series HarmonyOS 18.104.22.1688 update changelog?
According to the changelog, the update brings July 2022 security patch and improves system performance for a better user experience. Here are the complete changelogs of the Huawei P30 Series HarmonyOS 22.214.171.1248 update.
- Security: Optimizing and improving system security protection capabilities
- System: Optimize the system stability of some scenarios
How to Update Huawei P30 series to HarmonyOS 126.96.36.1998
As mentioned, the update is rolling out in batches. Hence it will take some days to cover all the devices at once. However, you can download the My Huawei app or Member Center to manually update the Huawei P30 series to HarmonyOS 188.8.131.528. Follow the below steps to install HarmonyOS 184.108.40.2068 on the Huawei P30 series.
- Download and Install the My Huawei app.
- Open the app and tap on Upgrade Early adopters.
- Tap Experience now.
- Now click Check for Updates which redirects you to jump to the software update page.
- It will automatically detect the new version for you.
- Once the new version detects, click Download and Install to upgrade your Huawei P30 to HarmonyOS 220.127.116.118.
The update won’t wipe your data still we recommend you to take a complete backup of your phone before updating the device. After the upgrade, the system undergoes self-optimization and adaptation, which may result in the phone experiencing heat, rapid battery consumption, freezing, or slow charging. However, after 2-3 days of typical use, it will revert to normal.